Friday, January 19, 2007

In Loving Memory of My Mom

Last weekend I lost my Mom to liver disease. None of it seems real yet.

We came to Cleveland on January 1st, to live here until she received her new liver, aortic valve replacement and a bypass. None of the surgeries could take place without the other, and the Cleveland Clinic was the only place in the country ever to perform this type of surgery. She was placed on the list January 5th, and was #5. The Cleveland Clinic performs approximately 10 transplants a month, so the time would've gone by quickly.

Unfortunately, my Mom got ill a couple of days after we got to Cleveland, and finally had to go to the hospital. Her kidneys were not functioning well and her heart was working really hard. They had to try to get her better in order to give her the transplant. This didn't happen. She peacefully went to Heaven, my Aunt and me by her side. We were able to call home in her last minutes and people could speak to her on my cell phone. She couldn't respond, but I know she could hear them.

Next week we will take her home and bury her next to my Dad, in Arlington WA.

I love you Mom... thanks for everything you did for me and the unconditional love you showed me. I will miss you forever!!

Kris

2 comments:

CandieS said...

Kris- My heart goes out to you. Be strong and rely on your loved ones and friends, you will help each other through this tough time. If it helps, keep telling us about your wonderful mother.

-with loving thoughts
candie

Kris K said...

Thank you Candie, I appreciate your comment. It is hard right now because her death was sudden, and I'm in Cleveland taking care of things here. We are all from Seattle. Luckily my Husband, Aunt and Sister are here too. I'm a little overwhelmed right now with school, especially since I'm new to it. It should all come back together soon.